Saturday, July 4, 2009

Text Messages From Zambia!

So excited to hear from Kevin this morning at 6:10am via "text messages" from Zambia. I slept through the first one....that came in at 5:35 because we didn't get home from Tulsa last night until 1:15am so we were all sleeping in. But here are some of the things he said.

Kevin (5:35am): Hey dad this is Kevin I miss you and love you I wish I could have talked to you the other day tell every one else I miss them and love them.

Kevin (6:03am): Hey I have wifi so what you doing

(Kevin has an IPod that isn't a phone, but if it gets a wifi signal there is an application on it that allows him to send text messages. This is the message that woke me up.)

Me: Cool...just getting up

Kevin (6:08am): Oh ok well I just got finished with my safari

Me: Cool...how was it?

Me: Go to http://keithfife.blogspot.com/

Kevin (6:15am): Oh I don't know but your funny. That is cool the blogspot I love you so much. Happy 4th of July.

Me: We love you too Have you taken any pictures?

Kevin (6:22am): Yes! But today the camera messed up! I don't know! Is your hand Ok?

Me: It's ok. I have a big incision and get stitches out next Thur. So you didn't get any safari pics?

After a period of no communication, I got some more texts from Kevin.

Kevin (6:46am): No I did not (get safari pictures) the inside is very blury.

Me: That's ok. Check the lens it may just be dirty.

Kevin ( 6:51am): No it's not that. the inside foam crumbled and got on it.

Me: Oh...you feeling better? It it still cold?

Kevin (6:56am): Yes I feel a lot better and it's cool out right now.

Me: Where are you?

Kevin (7:00am): At the safari place eating lunch

Me: I see. How is your money holding out?

Kevin (7:04am): I have about 70 left.

Me: That's close...spend it wisely...I can't wait to see you and hear all about everything.

Kevin (7:07am): Ya I will and yes I can't wait to tell you how it's changed my life.

Me: So you saw my blog about your update?

Kevin (7:10am): Yes I saw it. That's really cool.

Me: Was that you with the pickax? Was the name of the orphanage Camp Hope?

Kevin (7:10am): Yes that's me and yes, camp hope.

Me: I have been following some on twitter that are going to or are at Every Orphans Hope in Zambia.

Kevin (7:13am): What are you guys doing for the 4th of July?

Me: I am mowing this morning and then we are going to Mark and Sondra's house this evening.

Kevin (7:16am): Fun stuff

Me: How has the food been?

Kevin (7:43am): Oh it's been good. Well I mean probably not as good as moms.

Me: What are you doing the rest of the day and did you work in Camp Hope?

Kevin (7:53am): We are going back to camp in an hour or 2 and yes I taught it.

Me: What did you see on the safari?

Kevin: Lions, impala, elephant, giraffe, antelope, gazelle

Me: Wow...how cool is that. Mom is up do you want to tell her anything?

Kevin: I love her! and yes it was cool. Oh ya happy late fathers day.

Anita: Kev I am glad you have had this opportunity. We do miss you.

Kevin: Miss you too. I want to come back now.

Anita: What do you miss the most?

Kevin: Family and my bed.

Anita: Do you have any more days at the orphanage?

Kevin: What is everybody doing?

Anita: Christa is eating breakfast, Meghan is sleeping, and memaw is sleeping.

Kevin: Memaw?

Anita: Memaw spent the night with us.

Kevin: No, we have been doing hut to hut evangelism.

Me: What are the huts like:

Kevin: Straw little buildings

Me: Did you get some pictures

Kevin: Yes sir.

Me: Were there people at camp hope from other ministries helping also?

Kevin: No. Well my battery is dying I love everyone!

Me: Bye...love you.
Anita: Love you so much

Kevin: Oh yeah, there are a lote of witch doctors in Africa and they chanted and played their drums all last night. It's a full moon that's why.

Me and Anita: We will pray for you

Kevin: Thank you! The drums are annoying.


That was our last exchange. But I did notice he had a Facebook update and said the trip "had changed his life". We can't wait to see him.

More later, if and when I get it. Share this with your friends and followers.

No comments:

Post a Comment